Friday, June 29, 2012

The Last (Fri)Day...

The Last Day... It's sad to say goodbye =(

To start our last day, we all showed up, assist at the main Clinic at Mount Alvernia. We brought along cookies from Bengawan Solo (I'm given to understand that this is a premium cookie place). Unfortunately, we picked the worst day possible to do this: everyone was frantic - getting the appointments set up, rushed through and seen, so that we could close at lunchtime.


Why? Because today was the big day: to set up the new 4th Clinic - Eagle Eye Centre, Mount Elizabeth-Novena. And not just that: to run trial patients on the newest and greatest (as the doctors put it :P) laser surgery machine.

Anyways: my time - at 10am, I was told to go with Shandy and be the first of those in the exodus. I was asked to help carry things across, mostly resupply items (e.g. the sunnies they give to all patients post-operatively), so I said an early goodbye to the Mount Alvernia Centre.

Over at Mount Elizabeth-Novena, Shandy and I deposited the stuff, and I was given an early mark. But instead of going, I got a tacit permission to stay - and spent the next 3 hours helping unpack, saying hello to a few familiar faces (yes, I haven't forgotten you Cherry and Amelia :P), and also getting a chance to see the first few patients going through the new Amaris procedure.

Unfortunately, it really was time to say goodbye - so a few last photos with the staff, then off back home to chillax.

Dinner tonight was with Amelia, my first and cheeriest friend here in Singapore. In some ways, I can't believe it's been four weeks from when I came: meeting her and the rest of the crew at Parkway East Hospital for the first time - oh how time has flown.

The selection tonight was at her recommendation: Ayam Penyet Ria, an Indonesian eatery in Lucky Plaza. Below, you see the Ayam Penret ('smashed' or tenderised chicken), with Tahu Telor (tofu encased in a scrambled egg coating) in peanut sauce, washed down with Indo Iced Tea: 'Teh Botol Sosro'.

Dessert: a meal which two youngsters will definitely have room for =D
I remembered a Honeymoon Dessert place that I've walked past many a time (inside Paragon Shopping Centre) ... well, why not! I've had this Asian-style dessert soup a number of times in Hong Kong over last Christmas (thank you JoAn, Megan and Brian :P), but not yet in Singapore.

One mango pudding, a coconut sago with grass jelly, and a coconut+mango mix in mango juice topped vanilla ice-cream, coming riiiiight up!

Then it was time to say goodbye :(

Goodbye to Amelia, and goodbye to everyone at the four Eagle Eye Centres here in Singapore I've had the pleasure of visiting:

Main Centre - Eagle Eye Centre, Mount Alvernia Hospital
Eagle Eye Centre, Parkway East (East Shore) Hospital
Eagle Eye Centre, Mount Elizabeth Hospital
Eagle Eye Centre, Mount Elizabeth/Novena Hospital - the newest one and will be officially opened on July 2, 2012.

I'm thankful for having this opportunity, and going to miss everyone!
(PS: a link to their place: Eagle Eye Centre)

Signing off for now... one more blogpost to keep an eye for!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment