Monday, June 11, 2012

Week 2

Week Two: start of another week... will this week be more interesting that the one before?

Monday: doesn't seem like it will be. I awoke, then I went to work at Parkway East Hospital. Thought I got an early mark today to come home early, only to find the others had an even earlier mark and were already home.

Meals today:
Lunch was a packet of chicken rice from the hawker stall around the corner (same one as last Friday). Dinner was a "fetch-your-own" affair at ION Orchard (again), getting the Vietnamese pho (again) - takeaway, this time.

However, this time before getting the pho, I explored the foodcourt a bit more... and this indescript corner store caught my eye: Awfully Chocolate is its name.

I walked away at first, but I simply couldn't help treating myself to one of these mysterious goodies. So I bought my pho, only to return and getting the mint-topped cream flavoured "cold-poached chocolate".

What is it, you ask? I still don't know: the sales assistant described it as 'cooled chocolate on a marble slab'. All I do know is that it's has a moderately dense, mousse-like texture to it that was irresistibly GOOD! =D

And that, was Monday. Maybe there is some hope...



Tuesday
Well a surprise for me at breakfast this morning: I discovered donuts. And not just any donuts... CHOCOLATE donuts!! Ha ha!

After this scrumptious breakfast, I arrived at work to find Cherry had bought a coffee bun for me! Awwww... now I feel quite bloated

After a short stint, we had 3 hours off as the doctor went to the other practice: more time to work on my Case Logs. (Paperwork... the bane of any profession.)
The afternoon was spent sitting in with Dr Lim, observing more patients and gaining more experience and knowledge.

Before I left for the night, however, the reception staff had a little surprise... a sticky rice dessert that was shared amongst Maria, Rachel, Agnes and I.

Dinner tonight, as summoned by the Others, was at ION Orchard. The last two times I'd been here, I ended up getting the same beef pho from the Vietnamese stall. Tonight we were early, and I noticed the fishball line was quite short.

Fishballs, you say? For the guy who hates fish!? Yes... flicking through Clarissa's blog for inspiration last night, I found that this TeowChow fishball place was very recommended on the ieat hawker app.

No complaints here, I'm telling you!! Fresh-made fishballs that were 'darn-hou' (very bouncy and springy) are hard to make, let alone getting it right. And for S$5, I'm quite happy with the rice noodle and soup it came in (or as the locals call it: "Fish Ball soup with kway teow).






So Tuesday raised the bar... and my plan was to continue writing the rest of the blog on here. However, I hit a snag whilst creating the blog: the rest of the week... was simply too interesting to cram together!

So... I'm afraid you'll have to wait - they each have posts of their own ;) '

There was simply too much going on... so wait up of them!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment