Saturday, June 9, 2012

Weekends...

Saturday: Takeaway (food and lessons) Day

Unfortunately, the health profession never stops. So we were expected to rock up to work at 8.30 on Saturday... *sigh*. To make matters better/worse: it was raining. Walking by this feature on Orchard Road...

Anyhows, not to bore you all: work was routine (spelt b-o-r-i-n-g), and afterwards I decided to try to catch the shuttle bus back to the station. Problem: the 'last service' at 12.50pm never showed up, so I waited until 1.10pm for the next local bus to take me to the MRT station. Never again shall I trust this shuttle bus... Except in the mornings, of course. Eventually I struggled back home by 2pm, devouring the last of the coconut buns I got for a hurried breakfast this morning.

Arriving home, I relaxed for a while and started a load of laundry. I found out that the others had finished from Mount Alvernia Hospital and were having lunch at Novena, so I was left to my own devices. Hmmmmm how to spoil myself??

Ah-huh!! Macca's!! Off to Somerset I went: McDonald's first, then shopping and browsing around Centrepoint and Orchard Central.

I'm still an idiot. I received a call from the others saying that they'd finish lunch, and had headed back to ION Orchard for a second dose of shopping there. Options for me was to stay solo, or head over and join them: I chose the latter. Either I could walk in the daytime heat, or catch the MRT... which I did.

However... ooops!
I had been so used to catching the south-bound trains in the morning that I did so again. BUT I NEEDED TO GO NORTH!! 10 minutes later I finally arrived where I needed to be: Orchard Station, via Dhoby Gaunt... from Somerset. Oops.

Meeting the others, we spent the rest of the others at Zara, then over to Takashimaya/Ngee Ann City. Inside the latter, I found this great artsy gift shop: NBC. Pretty much the whole of level 4 is dedicated to the artsy and crafty.

Not you? There's always Kinokuniya Singapore on Level 3, where I spent most of an hour meandering back and forth amongst the aisles.

Eventually we made it home, too tired to do much else. Even I crashed and napped for a half hour, too tired even to stay awake to take a Skype call from a friend. But the time I rewoke, 'twas 9pm already and we were all hungry. For dinner, we got take-out from Kaffir and Lime Thai Express: here's my chicken meatball glass noodle soup-to-go.



SUNDAY: *hums to Bruno Mars' "The Lazy Song"*

A morning where I can sleep-in... Bliss!! Today, the others decided to head over to Universal Studios, Singapore - which I had been just before Christmas 2011. So I had the day to myself =D

Ya Kun Kaya Toast for breakfast. Now although I don't know my Kaya Toasts, I am determined to try 'em all before I go. The end result of his desire is now before your eyes... well, below this bit.

On way back home, I walked by two computer stores only for a light bulb to set in: today is last day of PC Expo. Well, why not?! So I went home, changed, then came back out and bussed it over to Suntec City Mall. There I got lost again, but browsed around before finally reaching the Suntec City Covention Centre - PC Expo was in Halls 4 and 6. Up and down the many escalators and two hours later, I merged with a new travel bag (iPad + my SLR stuff), and also two touchscreen-tip/pens to use for work!

I still seem to have this habit of getting lost... coming out of the Expo, I was still unable tofind my way to an appropriate bus stop. After much iPhone Maps-ing and a pit stop to KFC (to refuel), I eventually got to Marina Walk and the right bus stop. Phew!!

Lastly - nothing special tonight: the Others were making their wayback from USS, so I ducked out to Lucky Plaza to grab my own dinner of Roast Duck Rice. Once again, I complain of the poor quality: S$4 for an old duck with lots of bone shards... ick. Never again...

Week Two coming soon...!

No comments:

Post a Comment